Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Pop Rock Cupcakes


Begining of this year I bought one of those 365 a day calendars, the one I bought was all cupcakes so each day there is new cupcake recipe, or variations of the same recipe. I came across this one in August and just knew I had to make, it was one that really stood out and I have never made anything like this before so I thought it would be fun!

You will need to begin to gather your ingredients for the actual cupcakes.
1 cup of softened cutter
1 cup of sugar
2 cups of flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
4 large eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla

These are super easy to make as the only step is to add all your ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, and use an electric mixer to mix everything together until your consistency is smooth and pale looking color.

Put those in the oven for 20 mins and they will be perfect, now let them cool for about 5 mins, and then take them out of your muffin tin and let them cool another 5 minutes before frosting.

While your cupcakes are still in the oven though you can begin to make your frosting.
For the frosting you will need:
1/2 cup softened butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Pop Rocks
Same thing you just add all your ingredients in a bowl and mix until mixture is smooth.
After your cupcakes are cooled down, you can begin to frost them, and if your like me take million pictures to use on your blog!

 
 

I hope you will try this, I thought they were delicious, these would also be really great for a kids party, you can even put the pop rocks in the mix to make it colorful inside!

This post is linked up with the following Link Parties

0 comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs