Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Make Your Own Coasters


I have been wanting some cute coasters for a long time and let me tell you I have had one heck of a time even finding coasters in general, do they not make these anymore?!? So I pretty much gave up on coasters that's until I came across this pin on pinterest for these DIY Coasters

I thought to myself I could totally do this, I already had everything on hang except the tiles, so I went to my local Home Depot, and purchased 4 4X6 regular white tiles for $.69 cents each, I know some places sometimes let you take a few samples home so you may be able to pick them up for free!

The materials you will need are whatever number of tiles you want to have for coasters, mod podge, paint brush, and your choice of scrapbook paper.

First thing you want to do is trace around each tile onto the paper pattern you want to use.

Then all you do is apply mod podge to the tile, and apply your scrapbook paper, wait for that to dry and then apply a coat of mod podge over top to seal everything in, and enhance the color!
Then you will end up with beautiful coasters that work great!
 
 
 
 
 
This post may linked up with one or more of the following link parties

1 comments:

  1. These looks great! I just tried to make my own coasters too, but it didn't go that well. Ha. I'm hosting a giveaway for some pretty great pillow covers that you should enter! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/11/pillow-covers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs