Saturday, September 14, 2013

Washi Tape Pumpkin

So fall is quickly approaching which means Halloween is right around the corner and I get all giddy when I began to see all the Halloween and all crafts popping up in the stores and you better believe I was picking stuff up the first day it was out back in August! 

Today I am here to share one of my favorites Halloween/Fall themed crafts I made this year also not to mention it's super easy and takes little time and looks amazing! I made a Washi Tape Pumpkin, I couldn't help myself when I was at Michael's and saw the fake pumpkins at 40% off and then they had all sorts of Halloween themed washi tape I knew this would be a fun project that would look like it took a lot of effort but really it didn't!

So really the only two things you need to make this is a pumpkin, real or fake, and some Halloween themed washi tape to decorate! I picked a medium pumpkin the original price was $14.99 but when I went they were on sale for 40% off SCORE!
 
Basically pumpkins have natural lines in them, which is why I loved that the Michael's fake pumpkins also had the lines that are not perfect it almost makes them look a little real from afar! All I did was rotate the different washi tape designs onto the pumpkin creases!

Just make sure because washi tape is well tape, that you use your fingernail to really push the tape into the line, I didn't really do this when I first put the tape on and I came back to it not even an hour later and the tape started to come up, so all I did was went around and pushed it in with my fingernail to make sure it was really stuck and it's worked like charm!

 
I personally really love the way this came out, I'm already wanting to go back and get more pumpkins, which I did go back but they were no longer 40% so I didn't want to spend $20 on one at that moment, but I do have a 50% off coupon that I received so I'm thinking about picking up another one!

This post is linked up with one or more of the following Link Parties
DIY Home Sweet Home

15 comments:

  1. I like that, it's really original.

    Louisa @ My Family & Abruzzo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the different tape designs you can find now. Your pumpkin came out great.

    Thank you for sharing at our Pinning for Play link party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought some very similar pumpkins last year on clearance. I've nominated you for a Liebster award. Stop over to claim it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FUN, I am in love with Washi tape! I think I saw this tape at Target! Cool idea! Visiting from Craft-o-Maniac blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks cool. I will have to see what I can find to do this with my daughter.
    Angela @ Time with A & N

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute idea! Any excuse to use washi tape!! I'd love if you'd link up to The DIY'ers! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-diyers-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable and such a clever idea! Thanks for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, this is so cute and you did a great job dressing up the pumpkin! I saw it on wow me wed.
    Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your idea for decorating your pumpkin. It is not only cute but it can still be used for cooking.

    I would love to have you to link up at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/09/clever-chicks-blog-hop-week-52-one-year.html





    I hope you can make it!
    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so loving this! Super creative! Thanks so much for sharing this with me at Bewitch Me & Titi! Hope to have you back with more amazing shares! Hope you are having a marvellous week!!!

    XOXO
    Cami @ TitiCrafty.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love, love, love washi tape. I recently just did a washi tape project and I have a list of others I want to do. I am absolutely adding this to my list. You did a great job and it looks SO cute. Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love washit tapes but never thought of putting it on a pumpkin. Very creative! Pretty!

    Ellya

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love using washi tape! It is a great way to personalize projects. Thanks for sharing this easy Fall decoration, I am definitely going to be making one.

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs