Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Mason Jar DIY


While at the dollar store I came across these mason jars and just knew I needed to pick some up, I actually only picked up 2 and already want to go back and pick up whatever is left, if there are any left! I actually have had them for a little while now and just didn't know exactly what I wanted to do with them, there are so many amazing projects I wanted to do them all!

I had a bunch of these left over hearts from my DIY Heart Garland project I just posted, so I thought why not make the jar cute and use it on my desk to hold colored pencils, markers etc... 

The materials you will need are a mason jar, heart cut outs, mod podge, and a sponge paint brush!

The first thing you will want to do is apply a thin layer of mod podge all over the front of the jar, and begin sticking your hearts on, you may need to hold them on just for a second to get them on, then you want to go ahead and apply another layer over the jar and on the hearts to really seal it in, and they will not fall off!

I really love the way this came out for something so simple, I also loved the colors I used it works well with the other colors going on in my little desk/office area!
 

Have you done any little projects lately just add that right pop? Leave me a comment below!

This post is linked up with the following Link Parties

2 comments:

  1. a really cute diy idea! Thanks

    Ayesha
    http://definingayesha.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! Isn't Mod Podge the best for fun projects like this? Love it on the desk :)

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs