Friday, September 20, 2013

Maple Nutty Candy

My husband has been talking about making a Maple Nutty Candy for quite some time now, I guess one of his friends from work was talking about it, and he was dying to make it, I was a little skeptical as I don't really like anything with nuts, and well Nutty was right in the title. That was when he told me they were salted peanuts not walnuts or anything and that was when I jumped at the chance to try this out and see what the hype was all about!


So like when starting any recipe you want to grab all your ingredients out.
You will need the following:
12 ounce bag of milk chocolate pieces
12 ounce bag of butterscotch pieces
1 1/4 cups of peanut butter
1 cup of butter
1/2 evaporated milk
1 regular vanilla pudding mix
1 tablespoon maple flavoring
1 teaspoon vanilla
9 cups of powdered sugar
3 cups salted peanuts

Step 1: Butter your pan I used a 15x10x1 pan, but you can use what you have they might just come out thicker or thinner just depending on what size you use.
Step 2: In a medium sauce pan combine your milk chocolate pieces and butterscotch piece and cook over low heat until melted.
Step 3: Stir peanut butter into the melted chocolate mixture until combined. Spread only 1 3/4 cups of the mixture into your prepared pan, set this in the fridge to chill for about 20 mins. Set aside reaming melted mixture for later.
Step 4: Now in a large sauce pan melt the butter, stir in evaporated milk and pudding mix. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and smooth. Remove from heat, stir in maple flavoring and vanilla. 
Step 5: Gradually stir in powdered sugar (mixture will be thick)
Step 6: Carefully spread the pudding mixture over the cooled peanut butter mixture in baking pan. Stir peanuts into the remaining peanut butter mixture that we set aside. Now spread peanut butter mixture over the pudding mixture in the baking pan. 
Step 7: Chill for 2 hours, cut candy into square sizes of your choice.


You can also freeze in an air tight container for up to 3 months!

Here are just a few pictures after it was cooled and cut up.

Let me know if your have tried something like this before, I thought it was really good, super rich but it made a great gift to bring to co-workers at work!

Here is a printable that you can put with your recipes!

This post is linked up with the following Link Parties

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! I need to try this! looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing this with me at Bewitch Me & Titi! Hope to have you back with more amazing shares! Hope you are having a marvellous week!!!

    XOXO
    Cami @ TitiCrafty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! These look so delish! Thanks for sharing at my Pin Me Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry I did not get over here sooner. My daughter fainted at school (she is fine) when I was in the middle of working on the computer.. When I got back home, I didn't finish what I was working on.. You are a Dare to Share Feature of the Day. I think this candy looks really good, and I think my family would love it. Here is a link to your feature..http://www.pamspartyandpracticaltips.com/2013/09/maple-nut-candy-feature-of-day.html You will be featured again tonight at this week's party.. Thanks so much for linking up !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing! I host a linky party and I'd love to have you come link this up - http://www.somedayilllearn.com/2013/09/30/teach-tuesday-36/

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs