Monday, September 23, 2013

1st Year Anniversary Gift Ideas


My husband and I celebrated our first year anniversary a week from today, we didn't do anything amazing we just had a nice day together went and got a hotel with a hot tub and just enjoyed each others company and went shopping and out to dinner!

During our regular dating years we started doing the traditional and modern gifts, after about 3 years we stopped and now that we are married we decided to do this again now that we just had our first year anniversary I thought I would make a post with what we gave each other to give you some ideas on things you can do.

For the first year anniversary the traditional gift is paper, and the modern gift is a clock, I knew for mine I wanted to do something DIY so that's what I did.
For the clock the materials I used were photo paper which I already had on hand, and my printer to print photos of my choice. I also bought a clock kit from Michael's for about $5 after my coupon. I used a tack to hand the clock kit, and tape to hang the pictures on the wall. I was originally going to frame the pictures and hang those in the shape of a clock, but it was a lot of work and I didn't want to make a million holes trying to perfect it, so I went with just taping the pictures up.
After gathering the materials the first thing I did was pick the space I wanted to put the clock, found the center and hung my clock kit for Michael's. I really liked this kit because for $7.99 without a coupon you got the battery part, and the hands! So you didn't just see the battery area I cut out a heart with black construction paper and hot glued it to the base.

The next step after hanging the clock hands was to hang my to 2 vertical pictures I printed and that was for the 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock places, the rest of my pictures were horizontal. 

Next I just began to hang, it took a little bit of trail and error and even still it's not perfect as my clock kit does not have a battery in it, so I'm not sure where the hands will be at each hour point I wanted to make sure they line up with the pictures, but since I just used tape it's easily removable.

I really like the way it turned out, it gives a pop to a wall that had nothing going on!

For a paper gift, again I wanted to do something homemade, and I wanted to incorporate our anniversary date numbers. So taa daa and idea popped into my head.

As soon as I saw this three spaced frame at Michael's on clearance for $4 I knew exactly what I wanted to do my my paper present, and that was to print numbers and put them into the different spaces. To do this all I did was type into Google "number 9", "number 16", "number 12", and just scrolled through until I found numbers I liked, because I didn't want them to just be plain, I favorited them and just made them black and white and printed them on photo paper, and just put them in the frame, and I really love the way it came out!

My husband also had the same idea to DIY a clock, so he bought a shadow box type picture frame from Michael's and drilled a hole in the back for the clock kit, printed out a picture of my puppy Sasha and put the numbers around. For paper he ordered me my favorite book as a child and still favorite movie today Matilda! This was such a thoughtful gift I can't wait to read it over and over again, and for it being my favorite book I did not have this in my book collection, and now I do!

I will definitely be doing this every year next year we have cotton, and china!

The post is linked up with the following Link Parties  

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing! I host a linky party and I'd love to have you come link this up - http://www.somedayilllearn.com/2013/09/30/teach-tuesday-36/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet couple! Thanks for sharing pictures of your anniversary gifts. I bet the readers here can get great gift ideas from this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, you explained the topic very well. The content has provided meaningful information along with great pictures also.thanks for sharing such kind of information.


    great birthday gift ideas

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs