Sunday, August 25, 2013

Re-Using Candle Jars for Desk Storage

I don't know about you but I love Bath & Body Works Candle's they smell amazing and even more I love re-using the jars once the candle is done burning! The jars are amazing they are great quality and can be used so many ways!

I recently had one that had completely burned and would not light any longer, and in the midst of a desk re-do going on, I figured I could use this jar for storage somewhere on my new desk/office space!

As with any candle even though they are no longer able to burn you are still always left with the wicks glued to the bottom and a thin layer of wax left, this can look easy to get out, which it can be if done right!

To remove everything I boiled some water in a kettle and once it got pipping hot I poured it almost all the way full in the glass jar. After about an hour or so while they water is still a little hot I took a spoon and began to remove the wax up from the bottom, the wax and wicks should come right up!

 
It may take a few times with hot water and soap to completely remove all the wax residue left over, but just keep scrubbing until you have a squeaky clean glass jar! Also if you want you can remove the candle scent sticker!
You should have a nice clean jar that you can really use for anything, like I said I knew I wanted to use mine for desk organization, so here is how I decided to use mine!

I bought a few sticky note pads, and little notepads from the dollar store they were to cute to pass up, so I thought they would be great to store in the jar until I needed to them to jot something down, and well they just look cute. Also I used anything jar I had to hold some of my paint bottles!


I mean really these jars have endless possibilities, you can use them anywhere in your house to store just about anything small enough to fit!

Have you done any jar makeovers? Do you love Bath & Body Works candles as much as I do?

This post is linked up with one or more of the following Link Parties

13 comments:

  1. Such good ideas! Thanks for linking up to The DIY'ers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea, these jars are a perfect size and I love that they come with lids. Thanks for sharing.
    Found you through The DIY'ers link party this week.
    Sarah
    www.creativeramblingsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't these jars great! This post is so amazing I hope you would be willing to stop by and share it at a weekly link party that I co-host with 3 other amazing bloggers called, "The Project Stash". It goes lives tomorrow at 8:00 pm eastern time! Also, I currently have a great spice giveaway going on right now that I'd like to invite you to enter!

    Have a fabulous day!

    Marilyn
    www.4you-withlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always hate throwing those away! So many are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the ideas! I melted and molded the remaining wax from a bunch of these candles into one big new candle last year, and I still have these empty jars on hand. Now I'm feeling inspired ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! How perfect for crafts! For how expensive those darn candles are I sure hope there are more uses!

    Kylie
    absolutelyarkansas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reusing pretty things like this! Fabulous idea:)
    We would love for you to link up at our new mega-party Work it Wednesday if you haven't already. Each link will be shown on 4 blogs! Work it Wednesday

    - Krista @ the happy housie

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can also put them in the freezer or a couple of hours, and once they are good and frozn the remaining wax and little medal thing pop right out. Just run a knif along it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh thanks, I will have to try this next time, sounds like it would be easier to remove if it's really cold!

      Delete
    2. Yup, this is what I do and it comes out clean every time. Then I heat up the sticker with the blow dryer and peel it right off. Sometimes I'll then run the glass through the dishwasher, but oftentimes it's so clean after that a single rinse is all I need!

      Delete
  9. Great idea - perfect for storage - I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for linking up at the Thursday SWEET HAUTE Share linky party, hope you stop by every week! I really appreciate your support and encouragement .
    http://sweethaute.blogspot.com/2013/09/thursday-sweet-haute-share.html
    You still have time, the link is still open!!!!

    Be Sweet~
    Christina at
    SWEET HAUTE

    ReplyDelete
  11. I use the small candle jar to hold paper clips and I use the big ones for pouring grease into after I fry hamburger, just wipe out with paper towel after it sets, wash & use again.

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs