Friday, August 23, 2013

Quick and Pretty Notepad Makeover

I don't know about you, but I love using notepads, or any kind of notebook to jot things down make lists etc... You can buy them in a pretty design but even your basic notepad with a pretty design can be upwards of $3! While I was at the dollar store a week ago looking for cute simple decor and bins for my new desk area I came across just your simple writing tablet for $1.

Then this morning I was thinking back to when I covered my clipboard in scrapbook paper and thought I could do the same with the notebook to make it look pretty on my desk! So that's what I did, seriously this took me like 2 mins tops!

Below are the supplies you need, plus scissors and a pen or pencil which are not in the photo! You can use any size notepad you want as well the steps obviously work for any size notepad, or different styles of notebooks!
The first step I did was trace an outline of the size of the notepad, and then cut it to size!
 
I then just used my glue gun and outlined the paper with glue and a little in the center, or course you can use any adhesive you would like such as regular glue, glue stick, tape, mod podge anything really, I just think hot glue really holds it in place and doesn't take forever to dry and leaves no lumps in your project!
I then just made sure it was in place, and pressed firmly on all edges to ensure it doesn't come up in places.

Here is the finally look!
Looks great huh?!? Eh, not quite it's almost to plain still better than where I started but I thought it needed just that extra touch!

I used some letters I still had from previous scrapbook pages and thought this would be the perfect touch!
 
Much better don't you think, that little extra touch just made it that much cuter, I may have an obsession after making my first one, I have already made a few more, and now I need to go back to the dollar store and pick more up! How many notepads do I really need?!?

Have you scrapbook papered anything recently? After doing one can you stop?

This post is linked up with one or more of the following Link Parties

6 comments:

  1. So simple and so cute!! Thanks again for sharing this at "That's My Style" Link Party!!!

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Small things can change the look of something. Its great!

    Ayesha
    http://definingayesha.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I literally got out a notebook last night and said I want to make it over! This is a great idea! I am going to go give my notebook a sparkle.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea! I have a few notebooks I need to do over too! Would love to have you share at my link party going on! http://www.madetobeamomma.com/2013/08/homemade-by-you-65.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by at Show Off Friday! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute idea - they hardly ever have notebooks in a pattern I like! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs