Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Mapping it Out!

My husband and I love to travel, even just to a city a few miles away that we have not been to yet! During my childhood I have lived and been to many states, I have been in California now for over 10 years and my husband well he has lived in the same town(which is where we live now) his whole life. After traveling and doing a few road trips we thought it would be cool to have a map and pin everywhere we have been together! Since we live in California most of the cities we have been are in the California, a few in Nevada, and some of Oregon as well, still we thought it would make a cool piece of art work that we could keep adding to as we go and visit more cities and states! 

It was a fairly easy project to do, I'm sure they sell these where you can buy the whole board with the map already but they are probably really expensive, I think this project cost us under $50! Many of these items you may already have on hand, most people have glue, some kind of tacks and a cork board! We actually had to buy a cork board because we didn't have one big enough for the size map we wanted to use! I believe the map and cork board were both under 20 and the glue stick and tacks were under $2 so pretty inexpensive if you ask me!

The first thing we did was cut the map just a bit all the way around because it was just a little too big for the cork board, so after that was done, we then began to apply blue all over the cork board, we used a glue stick so it wouldn't be super wet and take forever to dry. After we applied that we just laid the map in place and made sure there were no air bubbles! Just let it dry and begin placing all your pins in all the cities you have been!
 
I hope you all enjoyed this post! Send me your recent projects in the comments below I would love to see what you all have been working on!

This post is linked to one or more of following Link Parties

7 comments:

  1. Such a fun idea to map all the places you travel-near and far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! We are living in NY right now, but we're from the West, so we're trying to hit as many great cities on the East Coast as we can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, we are hoping to hit more places this fall and next summer, hopefully some longer road trips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Stop by my Friday's Five Features and link up this post (and others)! http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com/2013/08/fridays-five-features-no-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love to travel and we've only gone as far as keeping track of individual states, but I love this pin-point idea. Thanks for sharing at my Pin Me party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to do this. I love it! I'd love for you to link up to The DIYers: http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-diyers-and-our-country-weekend.html

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs