Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Jewelry Organization

I don't know about you girls but when I am getting ready in the morning I like everything to be in the same general spot so I can reach for this easily, for me that spot in my closet, I keep a lot in there for the size, my clothes, makeup, jewelry etc.. you name it, it's in there!

Before this thought I actually had some of my jewelry in the bathroom, some on my nightstand, and others various places where I had left pieces, and I wonder why I never wore anything it's because I did not have it where I can see it when I'm getting ready! Like I said my getting ready place in my closet, everything is in there!

I have had this old frame forever that I believe I got at TJ Max a long time ago, it actually started out as a cork board, then at one point I took the cork board out and used it as a place to hang photos, and now I am using it for jewelry, I love versatile pieces!

I also picked up what the dollar store calls the multi-hanger, when I saw this for a dollar picked up several for various places around the house to hang things, it was only a dollar and it even came with the screws to hang it out!

Here is any over view of what it looks like looking into the closet! I don't have a fancy walk in closet, just a regular long closet where the doors open out, luckily we recently bought a new dresser from Ikea that holds on my husbands clothes so I got the whole closet!


The earring holder was very easy to make, like I said it use to be a cork board, then the cork started coming off from my cat scratching it, so I took it out and the frame was just to pretty to throw away, I recently decided to use it to store my earrings, all I did was take some jewelry wire and hot glued it to the back of board and it actually works great, I then hung the board up just with simple tacks! It hold a lot of earrings I have a ton of room for for pairs to hang!

Orginally I just hung my earrings on the wall with simple tacks, but when I saw this $1 wall hanger I thought it was perfect for my necklaces, it gives them space and I can clearly see what I have.


Finally to hold all my stud type earrings, I got this cute tray that came with homemade soaps from a friend for Christmas last year so I thought this would be perfect to hold my stud earrings and the few cocktail type rings I own!
I really like this organization because it's all right there in my getting ready area, I can just grab it and go!

Do you have any unique jewelry storage tips, send them my way I would love to check them out

This post is linked to one or more of the following Link Parties

Link up with Savvy Southern Style

10 comments:

  1. How smart is that?! I love the earring holder! Ill have to find a pretty frame to make one! Love it!

    I would love for you to share this (and any other post!) at my Life of the Party link up! It just opened! Im going to poke around your blog a little more. :)
    http://thegrantlife.com/life-of-the-party-1/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good jewelry organization! Especially when it is such pretty jewelry that is being shown off! Great idea! Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I need to make something for all my jewelry. I would LOVE for you to share this at "That's My Style" Link Party TODAY! I hope to see you there. :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing this at "That's My Style" Link Party!!! You made my day. I do hope you'll join in again. I can't wait to see what you have to share next week. :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice organisation and pretty jewelry.
    Thanks for this lovely share.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute idea! Love the frame for the earring and the hooks.. genius! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful - making artwork out of your jewelry! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It's
    on a completely different topic but it has pretty much the same page layout and design.
    Wonderful choice of colors!

    my weblog pusat kecantikan wanita - http://www.shevira.com/,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! I've seen similar earring organizers, but instead of using wire, others have framed chicken wire or other screen-material.

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs