Thursday, August 29, 2013

Desk/Office Space Redo

I have a space in our living room that has become my office-y area, while we don't have an extra room in our house this works! Since have been been really work hard on my blog and making quality posts, as well I will be starting an online course that I need in order to transfer to the School I want to finish out my degree, I decided I wanted to upgrade my little desk I had, I thought it was time!

Here is what I started with, apparently this was the only picture I had of the area, and one of my cats is right in the way but you get the idea not pretty at all!


I told my husband it was time I needed a new desk since that was the start to my new space! So the next day we set out for the Goodwill, Salvation Army etc.. I ended up finding the one I got at Salvation Army for $49, not to bad of a deal since the quality was amazing it was real wood no particle board or anything! The pictures of when I first got the desk are not the best I could not find good lighting!
 
The first thing I did was lightly sand down the entire thing, gave it a rub down with a damp cloth and then began to paint! To paint the entire thing it took about 2 days and I did about 3 coats!
 
I love this desk white it looks amazing, that little creature you see under there is my puppy Sasha making a mess with all the paper.

The next few pictures are when I was first getting it set up with some of the things I had for the desk!

 
I then went to the dollar store and picked up some organizing items and just made the overall area more pretty with a few DIY's you saw earlier on the blog! Sitting here just makes me happy everything is so bright, I have a few more ideas for the space that I may make in the future,, but for now I am satisfied!
 
I'm also working on some drawer storage containers since some that I picked up at the dollar store were to tall for the drawer, so I remembered Jen from IHeartOrganizing had a blog post about using boxed food items containers to make storage bins, so I'm working on filling this up with more, and I also want to line the drawer with some cute paper!

 What fun projects have you been up to? Any desk decor ideas, send them my way I would love to check them out!

This post is linked up with one or more of the following Link Parties

12 comments:

  1. your right the desk looks so much better in white. The space looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the desk much better in white! This looks great! Come link up with us at Craft Frenzy Friday at www.craftdictator.com!! The link up is open until Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi your desk area looks so nice and organized! I saw it on craft o maniac.
    Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I try to keep it as organized as I can!

      Delete
  4. Such a pretty space. My current desk looks a lot like the one you started with (in the first photo) and I so need a new one. Your new desk is beautiful and I absolutely love the accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work! It's so nice and tidy! Thanks for sharing it at Monday Funday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! Thanks for sharing at my Pin Me party! I am following you via your social media!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - what a change painting that desk/table. Looks like a great little workspace now! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the new look. My office space currently looks a lot like the before picture, including a cat. :) You are today's Dare to Share Feature of the Day. Here is a link to your feature. http://www.pamspartyandpracticaltips.com/2013/09/office-space-redo-feature-of-day.html Thank you so much for linking up!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the redo! Love it. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great makeover project. I look forward to doing a workstation/desk makeover in the future. But in the meantime, I just finished my craft room makeover. Feel free to stop by: http://blog.artisticexpressionsbyelisabeth.com/2013/09/my-craft-room-reveal.html

    Found you via the Posed Perfecton blog hop.

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs