Friday, August 16, 2013

Clipboard Makeover

I have been seeing clipboard makeovers on blogs recently, and I had a few lying around so I thought since I was working on my desk makeover this would be the perfect project to bring some color and fun to my desk area!


Materials needed to make: a clipboard ( I got mine at the dollar store, I believe they are just normal size clipboard) scrapbook paper, scissors, glue or mod podge, and a foam brush!


I started first cutting an outline out for the clipboard so it matches the clipboard outline(not shown in the picture), I then just used a regular glue stick and applied this all over the scrapbook paper and laid it down in place on the clipboard, just make sure you go over it with a credit card or something to smooth everything out so you don't get any air bubbles!

The glue stick worked better than I thought, but if you have it I would use Mod Podge as I used this for my second one and it worked really well!


These were cute accessories to my desk, I think they will make great do list boards, blog post ideas etc... Have you done a makeover with clipboards recently? If you have please link your post below I would love to take a look!

This post is linked to one or more of the following Link Parties

6 comments:

  1. I love the really stripy one! A scrapbook clipboard was the second thing I ever posted on my blog. I'm a new follower on GFC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah they are addicting to make, thanks so much for following, I followed back on GFC!

      Delete
  2. I love this. I picked up a few clipboards at the thrift store a while back for like $1 and redid them too. I hung them on the wall to display my kids art work. You did a great job on yours!

    I would love it if you linked up with our party this week!
    http://www.sowderingabout.com/2013/08/on-display-monday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is TOO cute! I'd love for you to link it up on my DIY Weekend feature!

    mrandmrswinslett.blogspot.com/2013/08/diy-weekend.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative. Thanks for sharing at the Tickled Pink Times Two Party! Come back again and keep sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs