Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Perfect Match with $15 Target Lamps


Me and my Husband recently started redoing our living room in our apartment, we just turned 23 years old and just married so a lot of our furniture was old hand me-downs that we got from friends so we could have furniture in our first apartment. Now that we moved we wanted to start putting our styles together and having our rooms match with new pieces!

When we started we first came up with some colors, I knew white and black would be pretty easy and then we wanted a pop of color and we both agreed on a navy blue color! When we first picked out lamps we automatically thought black would go great with white or cream lamp shade. So this is what we went for.

We found these black twist lamps I believe at Target they were around $30 a piece with the lampshades so very inexpensive and they worked great!


Until one of my many days going to target to just browse I came across these navy blue lamp bases on clearance for $15!! I thought they were so perfect I immediately put them in my basket and was on my way! I got home and put them on the side tables and thought they looked perfect! It's nice to have a unique lamp with color and a different shape!



While our pop of color is blue I didn't want to have to much blue everywhere, we have our blue lamps on the side table, a few blue pillows on the sofa, and we have blue bins on our bookcase to hold games! We also have a dark navy rug under our coffee table! I don't think it feels like to much because each blue item is a little bit different in color so it doesn't all look the same it makes it all come together, and it's not blue all in one spot!

Have you all done a recent updates that you just love? Please share in the comments I would love to check our your post!

This post is linked up with one or more of the following Link Parties

1 comments:

  1. I am loving pops of blue these days!! great addition to your living room, and your pup is super duper cute!! thank you for sharing at the before and after party!!

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs